The Mustang Athletic Hall of Fame Committee for Meridian High School (formerly George Mason High School) is proud to announce three coaches, seven athletes, one program supporter, and one multi-year team as its 2022 Hall of Fame Class. The honorees, plus one additional athlete who was previously elected, will be honored at ceremonies to be conducted at Meridian High School on October 7 and 8, 2023. These are the ninth inductions in the history of the Hall. They join 50 athletes, four coaches/administrators, and five teams that have already been inducted into or recognized by the Hall of Fame.
The 2022 inductees are:
- Tom Horn During his 20 year tenure as Athletic Director, Mustang teams won 45 state championships in nine different sports. Seven new teams were added as inter-scholastic sports. He was also a successful football and baseball coach with teams winning district championships in both sports.
- Jenn Parsons Fees Her girls’ soccer teams garnered eight straight state championships (2008-15), and she was awarded multiple State Coach of the Year honors as well as being the Spring 2011 Washington Post All-Met Coach of the Year in girls’ soccer.
- LaBryan Thomas Coach T’s girls’ basketball teams earned three state championships (2009, 2010, and 2012) while making five straight final four appearances (2009-13). He was named Washington Post All-Met Coach of the Year in girls’ basketball in 2013 as well as State Coach of the Year in 2012.
- Kim Kenny (Class of 2009) A two-time first team All-State in girls’ soccer where she played on two state championship teams (2008-09) and was State Player of the Year in 2009. She was starting center and major contributor on the girls’ basketball team that won the state championship in 2009.
- Clare Trevisan (Class of 2014) A three-time first team All-State in girls’ soccer and two-time State Player of the Year (2013, 2014). She played on four straight state championship teams (2011-14).
- Grant Goodwin (Class of 2016) A two-time first team All-State in boys’ soccer and State Player of the Year in 2016.He was the first male athlete to play on four state championship boys’ soccer teams (2013-16).
- Elliot Mercado (Class of 2016) A three-time first team All-State in boys’ soccer and State Player of the Year in 2015. He holds school records for single season and career goals. In basketball, he scored more then 900 points in his career and was second team All-State his senior year when the team went 29-1.
- D’Montae Noble (Class of 2016) A three-sport athlete in football, basketball, and track. He is the all-time Mustang career rusher in football with over 5,000 yards. He was first team All-State his senior year. He starred in rugby at Kutztown University where he was a 7s All-American, and currently plays for the LA Giltinis in Major League Rugby.
- Miller Surette (Class of 2016) He won four individual state championships in boys’ swimming and was a member of six state championship relay teams. During his career, the Mustangs won three state championships in boys’ swim and dive (2014-16).
- Robert Tartt (Class of 2016) - Career 1,000 point scorer in boys’ basketball and was first team All-State his senior year when the team was undefeated until losing in the state semi-finals. He later played at Marymount University and Northern Virginia Community College.
- Lindy Hockenberry (Program Supporter) Over her long teaching career, Lindy has attended countless athletic contests, including many in sports that attract less attention. For her boundless enthusiasm and dedicated fandom, she is the first Program Supporter to be inducted in the Hall.
- 2014-16 Boys’ Soccer Teams These teams captured thee state championships and lost only two matches in three years. As an illustration of their dominance, season goal differentials were 139 in 2014, 157 in 2015, and 139 in 2016.
- Kan Tagami (Class of 2012) will also be inducted. He was a member of the Hall Class of 2019 but was unable to attend ceremonies at that time. Kan won two state singles titles in boys’ tennis and was a member of three state championship teams (2010-12).
The current members of the Mustang Hall of Fame are listed and celebrated on the Mustang Legacy Kiosk.